Monday, June 23, 2008

I am 30.

“I know it’s been a long time”, unfortunately has been the frequently used starting lines on my blog; bcos I am so regularly irregular. I don’t know why, I get bored of things after the initial excitement.

It has been the same with the Social Networking sites (Orkut & Facebook), my fascination with my 2nd bike (Bullet Thunderbird), my bicycle – for which my heart goes out, rode it to Nandi Hills & back; since then its lying at my place, rotting, the rear tyre with holes thanks to the rats making the most of it; the reading habit I had & never will be able to develop ( cant keep myself to read after few chapters)… there are many more habits like these.

I think (read as know) I am getting old. Very few things hold my excitement or my attention; no I am not suffering from ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder).

I am 30 years old as on the April which passed by. Close friends & family had planned a cake for me & there was (ofcourse) good meal that day! When I was cutting the cake, I didn’t wait for them to sing the Happy Birthday song for me; I just cut the cake as a matter of fact. I could see the “let down” on faces around me, but I was just being me.

There’s some introspection I went through; or probably it was a flash. I suddenly claimed that I did not want to celebrate any more birthdays of mine; or probably the fact that, as every year passes by, the number suddenly seems big. You know what I mean (if you have just crossed 30, I am sure you do); the number of years just seem so (damn) heavy. It sounds OLD!! It sounds like, I have lived half my life (considering I will live up to 6o). GOD, which means I only have another 30 to go.

Then I came up with an idea, like a flash. I think from 30 onwards, we should start counting down on our age. Start from 29, 28, 27, 26……. So on & so forth. I guess it would help us. So, by the time you are actually 60 years, you should celebrate your 30th birthday! Not sure if I am able to explain, but I am sure I would like to be 30 year when I am 60. J What say!!! Now, that’s a nice concept. You could relive your life all over again! You don’t need to be old, you don’t need to feel old.

I want to be happy, cheerful, smiling, make people around me smile, don’t want to behave old. Should feel like (not physically, wishful thinking isn’t it!!!) 30! Now, that’s a concept! Celebrate your birthday backwards from 30. So, see you around when I am 30 again! Now, that’s a birthday I want to celebrate & celebrate BIG! If you still know me then or in touch with me, ask me for a party! Will make you remember every minute of it!

No comments: