Sunday, October 22, 2006

Growing towards a New Us!

I am not sure if i am making sense at all with my subject line though with what i have in my complex mind!

But what i do know is that, we move & change along with time. Its a simple but a great word, isnt it? Have you ever pondered over it?

In the movie 'IQ' (Meg Ryan!!), as the character Einstein says, "By the time you say the word 'Time', time would have passed by!". My best friend Charan got engaged(nin wicket bithu, machha!). Even before we could realise, he came into town, met the girl (Oh, sorry, Her name is Deepa) & they agreed. It was like yesterday (9 years actually) since we met in college, became friends, did all kinds of nonsense in our classes... then grew up to be grown-ups..took up work...our Bowring Kulfi sessions. I could write & not stop!













[This was on our 1st ever trip to Mysore. Charan in glasses; Gundu & Me!]
After his engagement, we went out for Lunch with Deepa & Chandrika (our common friend). Oh, yes, before i forget, Deepa's cute! Ekdum Bindaas types! Just like us, no pretence, she is the way she is. We hit off, right from the first note!! I was relieved. Once we got out after lunch & planned to head out to eat Kulfi (the girls didnt liked to eat them...Oh my God!, what a thing to miss in life), as i walked ahead & jabbered, i happen to turn around & i saw that they held each other's hand; my mind immediately did a 30 sec slideshow of all the good times we had; i was walking, thinking that we have entered into the next phase of our lives. I was smiling inside, big time! Its the feeling of completing one part & entering part 2 of your life. I am very happy for him; can call him an Uncle now & mean it!! Ha ha!

This is to you Charan!! Cheers to Great Life!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prashant

WOW! Its really nice to know your feeling and the pleasure you have expressed about me growing towards the next best thing of US...

I have taken the plunge into my new life and have choosen a nice sweet partner to share the moments of joy we all used to have as friends / family.

I have always enjoyed the moments we had together Catching up for a movie or our favorite kabab meetings..and now we will have another person in the group for those trips:) (Ofcouse need to train her for kababs::))

I wish you all the very best to also grow towads US and look forward for that luckyone!!!

ALL THE BEST

Charan