Saturday, June 17, 2006

Two Weddings & a Toe

What a F U N tastic two weeks i had.
Two weddings in a week's time; two different places. The 1st one was in HIRIYUR (near Tumkur); Bhaskar was the bakra in this one, good friend of mine, we studied together in college & kept in touch throughout... We drove down to the place which is like two hours away from here.. stayed in another of our college mate's bunglow. The reception was held in the evening & the marriage ceremony in the early hours of the next day. Few of other frnds were also supposed to join us, who did come but, drunk. So they slept while thr best frnd was tying the knot (for which they came) & came in exactly in time for lunch. The ceremony was in a simple Tamil Goundar way. I had to split from the boys who went in search of some soul food(natti kolli) pick up mom & aunt & drive down back to bangalore.
After 6 days, it was Harsha's turn to fall into the well (bad pun i know). He fell in love with his College mate Aarthi, won the battle & got married to her. As it happened here in Bangalore, more of us were here only for the reception. Aarthi was looking gorgeous in her outfit.
Everybody else ditched me for the wedding, so i ended up to be all by myself.
I have never understood the concept of a) reception & b) the growing tendency of people/friends attending a reception & convincing themselves that they have been a part of someone's wedding. Am i making sense or am i rattling things off. I am definetly not a reception kind off a guy, only thing that works for me is being a part of the marriage. I think it is special, that is the thing which matters the most, then is the moment in which two peoples life take a turn. & that is the moment i would like to be a part of.
Ok enough, i think two weddings have made me philosophical.
Yesterday, when i was parking Gundu's (My Brother) bike, cos of previous days rain, my leg slipped; as i put my left leg to balance myslef with the bike, as it fell over it kind off squashed my toe & moved the nail out. Gosh i cant tell you how much it hurt. I dont rem the last time i got myslef hurt; & its been such long time, i actually have forgotten what pain feels like.

No comments: