Monday, July 03, 2006

Love is in the Air.

I have a small story to tell.

This is about my very good friend Guna. He met his wife when they were in 3rd std in school. They were also related to each other in a way. When we met each other in an institute, during which he had confessed to us that he is going to break the news to her on a certain day. He got a big fat "NO" from her. He was persistant. He did not give up. In some time she did agree. I am sure there was no one in the world who was that ecstatic that day; you couldnt catch him, at all. I could understand why, he was going to marry his childhood sweetheart.

Except for a small hitch, that the family was kind off was against it (which they finally took care off) the wedding went off well. To date they still are the cutest couple i have come accross who love each other endlessly. He still has the first set of roses they exchanged; there is hardly much in the rose, but still it is framed..the greeting card he got, the first movie tickets..everything.

Today they are a happy family of 3 with their Son.

Every time i see them, i get moved by the simplicity in them. I get inspired by them. They have this aura of happiness, even if you were blind, you could feel that unbelievable energy around them; you could feel LOVE.

Each time i see them / rather think about them, i have this smile accross my face. They make me believe that LOVE still exsits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
love is beautiful ....
....and poetry a rightful medium of expression
Here is a poem
"True Love"
by Helen Steiner Rice....

True love is a sacred flame
That burns eternally,
And none can dim its special glow
Or change its destiny.
True love speaks in tender tones
And hears with gentle ear,
True love gives with open heart
And true love conquers fear.
True love makes no harsh demands
It neither rules nor binds,
And true love holds with gentle hands
The hearts that it entwines.

How beautiful a thought and how simply put...

love,
Madhu

Anonymous said...

hey Prashant, this is wonderful!
Please convery my regards to Guna and I hope he still remembers me. I do!