Saturday, July 08, 2006

Regret.

The thing i hate about getting old; apart from the fact that one day my children are going to throw me out of the house or my wife leaves me for someone better, is to sit down & regret.

I have this picture in my mind; its beautiful weather outside, the kinds which make you think, i am sitting in my rocking chair, coffee cup on a table next to me, newspaper in my hand, rocking back & forth, thinking & telling myself that "Oh My God, I should have done that!!". I resent that picture somehow.

Its my constant conscious effort to make sure that i don't get there. I think it is scary for me to think that i am going to get there & tell myself that there is something i should have done.

The other day when i had an off & didnt know what to do, i picked up all my photographs, dumped it in the car & headed off to my old school. I did my 5, 6 & 7th std in New Public English School in Basaveshwaranagar. There was this girl in my class;tall, beautiful & smart(you must be thinking how is this possible) on who i had this big time crush. I always wanted to tell her. We were kids; i am talking about late 1980's; it was this unexplainable goodie goodie feeling within, you didnt know what it was, but was great. There was no definition for it, but when we grow up is when we know what it is, term it, define it & give it a name. Whatever happened to Love. You would have this smile on your face, you would go shy when you are next to her, get goosebumps but still were good friends. Ohh what can i say, it was my first crush.

So, where were we? Ok, i had lost contact of her & anyone studied with. So i went in search of anyone i knew from the school. I was thrilled when i did meet up with my Head Mistress. We shared each others story till date like movie trailers. She promised that she would help me in finding atleast one of my friends & i promised that i would try to convince the school authorities to start a "Old Student's Association".

I am happy atleast that i took that step in the right direction. NO regrets regardless of the consequence. No Regrets.


“People so seldom say I love you And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, Only that I wish you didn't have to.”

“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.”

“I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person.”

“Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.”

“If only. Those must be the two saddest words in the world.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey
didnt want to write on missed opportunities....or on regrets ...
so here is a beautiful quote by Eleanor Roosevelt
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"
love
madhu