Tuesday, July 11, 2006

You.

When you remember me,
it means that you have carried something
of who I am with you,
that I have left some mark of
who I am on who you are.

It means that you can summon me
back to your mind even though countless
years and miles may stand between us.

It means that if we meet again,
you will know me.

It means that even after I die,
you can still see my face and
hear my voice and speak to me in your heart.

For as long as you remember me,
I am never entirely lost.
When I'm feeling most ghost-like,
it is your remembering me that helps
remind me that I actually exist.

When I'm feeling sad, it's my consolation.
When I'm feeling happy, it's part of why I feel that way.

If you forget me, one of the ways
I remember who I am will be gone.

If you forget, part of who I am will be gone.
-Anonymous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a beautiful one!! thought u wrote it! :)

Prashant said...

ha ha
i wish i could. would have pattafied you by now.
bumped into it over the net. thought it was touching.