Friday, June 22, 2007

Bangalore - Hyderabad

20th June 2007
7.20 am
Holy Ghost Church, Behind Richard's Park!!

This is where we flagged off Chrysallis Power of One, Motorcycle Ride!
Only the near & dear were present. The only surprise was Mr. Samson Chacko (Chief Div Manager) from Indian Oil. Friends, colleagues, family.... few late entries (guna & kumar topped it, by meeting me on the Outer Ring Road!) Anyways.....




























Gave a small little "Thank You" speech to every1 present! Diana said a few words.. i met everyone present personally... big line of hugs happened! & before i blinked, i was on the bike, set!! Diana & Samson flagged me off, after a little prayer!




























The Ride:

The ride was gud on Day 1. But after sometime the bike developed some snag...it started missing..& didnt go any faster! It was painful to see a Bullet not go above 40kms... The slow speed was also heating up the engine! I was not happy. By the time i reached Ananthpur, it was 8.30pm. I spoke to Anand (Mechanic, from Tecknik Motors).. He asked me to check the air filter! Now, you will have to know, that i am not a biker dude; which means i dont know anything about the bike, apart from it has 2 wheels, an engine, an accelerator, brake, clucth & gears...& when everything runs in some fashion, the bike moves ahead! Now, to take the toolkit from the bike, i took 30 mins, they should add it in the manual, how to take a tool kit OUT!!! Anyway, thought i will leave it to the experts, asked for a mechanic for bullet. I was shown to a guy! Bcos, i didnt trust him, i asked him to speak to Anand over phone, i think it hurt his ego! After a try, he said, he had no clue how to fix it! Asked him does he know who else can do this, he said NO!!

Went around, asked couple of people, got directed to this cute little chap, Nagaraj! Told him what the problem was, in 10 mins time, bike was running in gud fashion. Over the talk, he asked me wht i was doing here, alone on a bike, told him the story. He was quite impressed! When i asked him how much i owed him for his services, he denied any money from me! I pushed him to accept, he refused! He said, Sir, Think this is my contribution to your cause!! I was touched! Found a hotel, crashed!

Got up at 4 in the morning, set out by 5.45am on 21st towards Hyderabad! It was gud ride! I was awfully asleep! Found some tea shop, had tea & moved on! Had breakfast!

Sometime by afternoon, when i was getting hungry, was going over a bridge! Clear water runnnig under it, people taking bath, few doing rituals over the banks, children using a magnet to pick up coins from the river bed! I turned around, found the katcha path which takes me over... parked my bike, picked up my towel & a soap. Stripped, & jumped in the water! Had a gud satisfying bath!! Found out later, it was River Krishna!!!

After i had lunch, i again had the same problems wit the bike. It almost stopped over a bridge... Put it on the side. Took a break, let it cool down, started again, but this time i didnt go any faster than 45-50kms/hour! Reached Hyd by 6.30pm. Pouring in Hyd. Found out where, D stayed! Checked in! Phew!!!! What a day!!

2 days, 604 kms! I did 373 the 2nd day! Quite a distance!

Ok, update for today, The bike met its doctor! Got ready! Doing gud! I am happy! Ready to leave for Raipur tmrw! Will leave early! Will do my next post when i get time! So, me penning off! CU!! :)












7 comments:

Dhanya said...

hmm so an eventful first stretch.. waiting for more..

Nitin M said...

Great to know what a wonderful & "eventful" ride you had......keep us posted.....

SrikArch said...

Hi Prashanth - after reading felt as if I'm ur pillion rider! Thanx for keeping all of us informed. Have a safe and successful journey V all will pray for you. Take care...
Dr Srikanth

Jyoti said...

Well.. I am sure once ur back... everyone will run to u for Bullet advice! :-) Good luck n God bless.

Anonymous said...

waiting for your post from kolkatta... :)

- Amma, and PJay

~Me said...

Oye where are the Kolkata posts and others? [:)] Quick Quick Quickly!!! :)

Life Rocks!!! said...

wow this is fun!!!will check on what's happening!!